THE first ever 2K Fest will start streaming from 7pm AEDT on Twitter tonight bringing 24-hours of music, panels and giveaways. The broadcast will also be streamed on YouTube and will be hosted by sports broadcaster, Ros Gold-Onwude, and FIFA World Cup Golden Glove winner and current Real Madrid goalkeeper, Thibaut Courtois.
“2KFest is a celebration of the culture that surrounds the game of basketball. Everything from the sport and the superstars, to the music and the fashion, this is our way to recognize the lifestyle that’s inspired us over the last two decades,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Global Marketing at NBA 2K. “In a year that’s been marred by the widespread postponement and cancellation of live events, including sports and concerts, we are proud to bring this experience to our fans and celebrate everything we love about the game of basketball with the 2K community.”
The schedule has been packed with guests including a plethora of NBA Superstars and music artists from around the world. NBA 2K21 cover athletes, Damian Lillard and Zion Williamson, along with Vince Carter, Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Shaquille O’Neal, Candace Parker, Ben Simmons, and Jayson Tatum will feature on different panels spread across 2K Fest. Musical Performances will also feature different representations from across the globe. These include:
- ASIA – 88rising Presents: Rich Brian, NIKI, CHUNG HA, Dumbfoundead, Audrey Nuna
- UK/EUROPE – Aitch, A COLORS SHOW with Nayana IZ (UK), Captain Roshi (FR)
- AMERICAS – Quavo, Saweetie, Dame D.O.L.L.A, J.I The Prince of N.Y, Hotboii, YSB Tril
A full breakdown of what you’ll see in 2K Fest can be found below.
- Evolution of Game: An engaging look at how the basketball experience has changed since 2010, both in NBA 2K21 and the NBA. Transitioning from hot highlights into an exclusive player panel, Kevin Durant, and Shaquille O’Neal discuss the impact 2K continues to have on their lives – from playing as a kid, to battling with teammates, to gaming in the 2020 “bubbles”.
- 2K MoCap: Motion capture technology – and the motion capture team – is one of the game’s true unsung heroes. With the help of Ben Simmons and Zion Williamson, this segment explores the magic behind-the-scenes: from the state-of-the-art studio to the dedicated team to the athletes who make NBA stars come to life, making NBA 2K the most lifelike sports game today.
- Everything is Game: Anthony Davis, Damian Lillard, Ben Simmons, Jayson Tatum, and Zion Williamson weigh in on the off-the-court elements that bring 2K to life, including unforgettable cover art, inspiration behind in-game fashion, and the influences behind the best soundtrack in gaming.
- Courtside Reports: This guided conversation puts NBA 2K Executive Producer, Erick Boenisch, and Gameplay Director, Mike Wang, front and centre for a Q&A around the making of one of the most beloved gaming franchises in the world.
- Home Court Advantage: An in-depth look at 2K Foundations, the program’s core objectives, previous accomplishments and future plans for global community engagement. Discover the program’s recent court renovation: Cal Johnson Court (Knoxville, TN), hear interviews from Candace Parker, Anthony Davis, and others, as well as kids who shoot on these courts every day, and key community members – all focused on what the court means to the community at large.
- Open Gym: A showcase of how different communities around the world rule the 2K courts. From countries playing for continental bragging rights, to high-profile names claiming their crown in the first Next Gen NBA 2K21 tournament, get your first look at the game that is truly global.
- 2K League Inside the Game: An exclusive Gamer Panel brings together top 2K League gamers for a conversation that traces their journey from amateur to professional, dives deep into the unique 2020 season, and looks ahead to the 2021 season and beyond.