FAR back in the mid-late 1980s, the Sega Master System and Master System II came with a game pre-installed on them.
That game was Alex Kidd in Miracle World and it was surprisingly good – and as a result of being included on the Master System consoles, became one of those games a huge number of people played and have fond memories of, but also probably haven’t thought about in years.
That is set to change, though, as developer Jankenteam and publisher Merge Games have announced the 21st century remake of the game, Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX, will release on PC, PS4/PS5. Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and Nintendo Switch on June 24, with an RRP of £14.99/USD$19.99 (about AUD$26)
Per the official announcement:
As well as including all of the original content and levels, Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX catapults Alex Kidd into a new generation with striking art, improved boss fight systems and different modes! Extra levels will also be included, expanding the lore of the original title to bring a fresh dimension to Alex Kidd in Miracle World.
From Retro Mode which brings back the nostalgia from the Master System classic, allowing players to switch back to a recreated version of the original graphical style, to the new Boss Rush Mode which provides non-stop Rock Paper Scissors action, the DX version of Alex Kidd in Miracle World will include a wealth of extra content to expand on the original Master System version.
Comprising of an array of other updates such as improvements to combat, movement mechanics and new menu systems, Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX adds a new level of fluidity to the original classic!
The developers go on to list the key features as:
- A Legend Reborn – Dive into a stunning recreation of Alex Kidd in Miracle World with striking new art and tighter, more fluid controls.
- New Modes – New modes such including ‘Classic Mode’ and ‘Boss Rush Mode’ will be available for players alongside the standard game.
- New Levels – Experience new levels which expand the lore of the original.
- Alternative Boss Fights – New and improved boss fight mechanics with more intuitive combat.
- Classic Mode – Experience the original game with boss fights, dialogue, levels and functions remain true to the original Master System version.
- New and remastered music – A wide array of reimagined music tracks as well as remastered tracks from the original classic game!
If you’re hankering for a retro hit and looking for a reason to revisit a childhood classic, the game’s Steam page can be found here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1333470/Alex_Kidd_in_Miracle_World_DX/