Welcome to B4UPLAY Your ideal destination for all things sequels and prequels. To help get your priorities straight we thought it would be awesome to bring you insight reviews of original titles as we get ourselves warmed up for everything coming up and to get you ready for your next pre-order! With all the announcements lately about sequels, prequels and expansions. We thought it would be awesome to bring you a checklist of stuff you need to get done before the newest World of Warcraft expansion drops; Battle For Azeroth!
MMOPRG | FANTASY | ONLINE
“DECLARE YOUR ALLEGIANCE”
Battle For Azeroth is 53 Days 11 hours 56 minutes and 58 seconds away away (as of writing this). Not including the Pre-Expansion Patch; 8.0 which has already hit the PTR (Public Test Realm) and with that like previous expansions there are things changing and being removed completely from the world (of Warcraft). Here I’ll bring you a quick list and small info about some of the most important things that need your urgent attention before the battle between Horde and Alliance calls upon you.
Spoiler? First Aid is being removed from the game when BfA hits. Reports from the Beta and Devs is that bandages are being moved to the Tailoring profession, which kinda makes sense. However if you’re like me and love those achievement points/titles and being a completionist, it means you have a few things here you need to get done before it’s gone. All First Aid achievements are being moved to the Legacy category, which means they will no longer be obtainable. Most of the First Aid achievements are pretty simple, however there is 1 that was introduced in Legion that rewards the title “Field Medic” (totally badass) which once BfA drops you won’t be able to get it anymore. Check out this awesome guide on wowhead to see how to get it done asap!
Your Artifact Weapon.
That incredible weapon you received at the start of the expansion Legion. The one you’ve wielded and increased the artifact power bit by bit, day and night, watched grow and before move power as you gain more traits, skins and colors and has been by your side to see you defeat The Burning Legion, yes that one! Yeah… bad news. It’s being “retired”…
Now, when they say retire it has been confirmed we aren’t just going to hand it back to some random NPC, no, confirmed with a recent Q&A in March with Game Direction Ion Hazzikostas. The question was asked “What type of weapons will our Artifacts be replaced with?”
The reply, “You’ll still have your Artifact weapon and your relics, but all the traits will be burned out and disabled. You’ll still use the weapon for some time before you replace it with some green”
So with that in mind, we will probably see the “retiring” of the artifact weapons in 8.0, Which may make some of those artifact achievements no longer obtainable – Crucible’s Promise, Power Realized & Power Ascended. With the catch up mechanics of Artifact Power, none of those are too hard to obtain now.
With that out of the way, Blizzard has already announced that most of the appearances will be still obtainable in Battle for Azeroth, except the Mage Tower base appearance because they believe that because the Mage Tower is based on skill, they want it to be done while its current, fair enough! The appearance itself must be unlocked during legion – but the skin unlocks can be done any time – once you’ve unlocked the skin in the mage tower. Once that Mage Tower is up i’d recommend you check out Wowhead.com for the guide to help you unlock it!
Other Worthy Mentions
Besides the first thing I spoke about (first aid) a few more things are being removed when BfA drops.
Quickly and in no particular order of important
- Ahead of the Curve/Cutting Edge Achievement – by killing Argus the Unmaker on Heroic or Mythic difficulty. Which also rewards you with a pretty bird mount, Violet Spellwing
- “The Chosen” – Title. Achievement and Reward for a full fun of Mythic, Trial of Valor without dying. Doesn’t matter if anyone else dies, like that 1 hunter that thinks he can always solo or pull anything (we all know one!). But yeah sweet title, go for it now before it gets removed. Also your gear now should easily smash out Trial of Valor.
- The Brawler’s Guild. Once again this will be going away after another season. I personally had heaps of fun climbing the ranks and doing the crazy fights again. Get an invite, head to Deeprun Tram in Stormwind or somewhere in dirty ugly Orgrimmar? Climb to Rank 8 to get the achievements, prizes including pets, heirloom fist weapons, an epic ring with a teleport ability and a fancy new mount The Burly Basilisk
- Ashran is being removed from the game. Besides the achievements I don’t think anyone cares or will miss it – FYI it’s impossible to to get into a game as no one queues for it…
- Strand of the Ancients Battleground is also being removed. This place has heaps of achievements tied to it, and unlike Ashran it still does pop. Get them done now before BfA
Tidget’s Extra Tid-bits
- Read the book – Before The Storm by Christie Golden. I’m currently halfway through and it explains the events after Legion and before Battle for Azeroth. Christie Golden is an incredible (my personal favorite) author, now hired by Blizzard Entertainment, who brings the reader into the world of Azeroth with her talented literature and has a way to engage the reader into never wanting to put the book down. If you’re into the lore of Warcraft this is a must have!
- With heaps of class changes and balancing you never know what you might be playing on day 1 of Battle for Azeroth. Now is the best time to level your alts! Using the Legion invasions that cycle through the zones is such a great and quick way to do it, not only do you get heaps of experience but also Artifact Power, and Class Hall Tesources to get you ready to go at 110
There is still heaps more you can do and might want to get done, but we thought a compiled checklist would be handy to get the heroes of Azeroth on the right track before the battle begins. Whether you’re For The Alliance or For The Horde, one thing is for the certain, Azeroth will never be the same again!
World of Warcraft: Battle For Azeroth is released world wide on August 14th 2018. Be sure to preorder for the collectors edition for $144.95 or standard $69.95 at EB Games.