Following the announcement of Borderlands 3 last week, Gearbox Software and 2K have just announced more information on it’s release, including a release date. We can expect the long awaited next installment of the hugely popular franchise on September 13, 2019. Along with a release date, we received a new trailer which you can check out below.
More details on the four new characters you can choose from were also revealed. Moze the Gunner, Amara the Siren, Zane the Operative and Fl4k the Beastmaster all share similar traits to previous Borderlands heroes. The most interesting of the lot in my opinion is Fl4k who has his loyal beasts to do his bidding. These four will be going up against a new bad guy in town, and a new bad girl as well. The Calypso Twins are the latest to try and take over the galaxy, and of course, as vault hunters, it’s your job to stop them. On your adventure you won’t just be exploring Pandora either. There’s more worlds out there to explore, each with unique environments.
“For the past several years, the team at Gearbox Software has been devoting every ounce of our passion, creativity and love into making Borderlands 3 the biggest, baddest and most ambitious Borderlands adventure we’ve ever made,” said Gearbox Software President and CEO Randy Pitchford. “Borderlands 3 is being crafted not only as a love letter to fans of the series, but also as an ideal entry point for new players to jump-in alone or cooperatively, on or off-line, in the latest and greatest installment of the definitive best-in-class benchmark shooter-looter.”
Borderlands is powering on with 41 million units sold worldwide, with Borderlands 2 still being incredibly popular since it’s release back in 2012.
“Borderlands is one of the most recognized and celebrated franchises in gaming,” said 2K President David Ismailer. “We’re proud of the work and dedication of our partners at Gearbox, who are making a game that will not only reignite the millions of existing Borderlands fans but welcome a new generation of players into this beloved universe.”
There are 4 editions of Borderlands 3 to choose from when it’s released.
Borderlands 3 Standard Edition
The Borderlands 3 Standard Edition includes the base game.
- Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket
Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition
The Borderlands 3 Deluxe Edition includes the base game, as well as bonus digital content:
- Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin;
- Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket;
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket;
- Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy grenade mod, weapon trinket;
- XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods;
- Pre-order bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket.
Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition
The Borderlands 3 Super Deluxe Edition includes all the bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Deluxe Edition PLUS the Borderlands 3 Season Pass, which includes:
- Four (4) campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges;
- Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod.
Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition
Celebrate the return of the original shooter-looter with the Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition, a swag-splosion of collectibles digistructed straight from the worlds of Borderlands 3.
This edition includes the full game, season pass, and all bonus digital content and pre-order bonus of the Super Deluxe Edition, plus:
- Diamond Loot Chest Replica: Featuring a functional retractable lid, this chest is perfect for storing your real-world loot;
- Borderlands 3 character figurines (x10): Make room on your shelf for the whole crew, including the four new Vault Hunters, the fanatical Calypso Twins, and some of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe! (Approximately 3” tall.);
- Sanctuary 3 snap model: Construct your very own Sanctuary 3 model ship and display it proudly on its included stand;
- Vault Key keychains (x4): Because you never know when you might stumble across an unopened Vault;
- Cloth galaxy map: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora with Typhon DeLeon’s map of the Borderlands;
- Character art lithographs (x5): Unique character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins;
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook case: A gorgeous metal case for any collector’s shelf.
PC gamers are also in for a treat as Borderlands 3 will also be taking full advantage of the latest in gaming PC hardware for top performance. The developers worked closely with AMD, developing the game from the ground up using their hardware. However the Epic Games store is the only place to get the PC version on release. All other digital stores will have the game from April 2020.
“The PC gaming community has been an important part of the success of the Borderlands series, and we are excited to be partnering with Epic who recognize its worldwide popularity and share in our commitment to bring Borderlands 3 to this rapidly expanding audience,” said Ismailer. “Our mission, in addition to delivering the most engaging and captivating entertainment experiences, is to embrace new distribution platforms that will contribute to our effort to grow the audience for Borderlands 3.”
Before you think you’ve seen everything you can before it’s release, think again. This isn’t the last announcement for Borderlands 3 as there’s more to come May 1st as Gearbox delivers an extended Gameplay Reveal Event livestream, including more information on the game, story, characters and more.
To keep up with all things Borderlands, please visit www.borderlands.com, become a fan on Facebook, subscribe on YouTube, follow Borderlands on Twitter and Instagram, and join the conversation using the hashtag #Borderlands.