Valve the creators of DoTA 2 will release changes to the game as a patch. This change will affect what is called the Metagame. Wait, what’s a Metagame or meta in terms of DoTA 2. The meta is a term that refers to the most optimal way to win in-game.. The things that influence the meta are: community opinions, professional players and patch releases. When a patch is released, it changes the meta, so it’s noteworthy in the DoTA 2 community. It changes how we win. Patches can include changes to Hero’s, items, mechanics. It will also address bugs and exploits. There’s a bit of contention in these changes as players favourite hero or item can be affected negatively (nerf), while on the other side, people will be happy about a buff (upgrade) to their favourite hero.
With that, see the below for the winners and losers of this patch:
Hero: Abbadon – Winner
* Abaddon: Mist Coil manacost reduced from 50/60/70/80 to 50
Abbadon can now cast mist coil offensively or defensively more. This will make him stronger in the early game.
Hero: Outworld Devourer – Winner
* Outworld Devourer: Sanity’s Eclipse damage multiplier increased from 8/9/10 to 9/10/11
* Outworld Devourer: Essence Aura mana bonus increased from 125/200/275/350 to 150/250/350/450
Outworld Devourer’s ultimate puts out more damage and now gains back more mana when essence aura is procked.
Hero: Windrunner(ranger) – Loser
* Windranger: Windrun cooldown increased from 12 to 15/14/13/12
Windrunner now dodges and slows attacks less often early game.
Hero: Pudge – Loser
Pudge: Meat Hook cooldown increased from 17/15/13/11 to 27/22/17/12
Can’t hook as much, but still only has the mana pool for 2 early-game without a clarity.
Hero: Necrophos – Loser
* Necrophos: Reaper’s Scythe Scepter cooldown increased from 55/40/25 to 60/50/40
* Necrophos: Ghost Shroud self magic resistance reduction increased from 30% to 40%
* Necrophos: Reaper’s Scythe cast point increased from 0.5 to 0.55
Lvl 16 cooldown has increased. Late game will be changed for him as he won’t be as effective. Also, he will take more magic damage when using Ghost Shroud.
A full rundown can be found here: https://www.dota2.com/news/updates/
Thanks to Troy for helping out with Windrunner increasing cooldown, not decreasing.
Written by Adam “Bruce L33t” Lamotte