BLIZZARD have announced the 32nd hero to join the Overwatch roster – this time in the form of Omnic offence character Echo.
Described as “an evolutionary robot programmed with a rapidly adapting artificial intelligence [and] versatile enough to fill multiple battlefield combat roles,” Echo’s backstory is she was essentially the robotic reincarnation of Singaporean scientist Dr. Mina Liao, killed in an attack on an Overwatch facility, to fulfil her promise to make the world a better place.
From a gameplay perspective, Echo has the following abilities:
Tri-Shot (Primary Fire)
- Echo fires three shots at once, in a triangle pattern.
Sticky Bombs (Secondary Fire)
- Echo fires a volley of sticky bombs that detonate after a delay.
- Echo surges forward quickly, then can fly freely.
Focusing Beam (E)
- Echo channels a beam for a few seconds, dealing very high damage to targets with less than half health.
- Echo duplicates a targeted enemy hero and gains use of their abilities
- Echo can glide while falling.
Her ultimate in particularly is going to be interesting to see in action, that’s for sure.
Echo is live now across all Overwatch platforms.