In celebration of today, Saturday 19 September, being ‘Talk Like a Pirate Day’, Italian developer 3DClouds has revealed the first gameplay trailer for their upcoming pirate action RPG game, King of Seas. I do love me a good pirate game to break up the plethora of medieval or sci-fi games I play. King of Seas is set in a procedurally generated pirate game world where you can choose your own path, explore new islands, interact with intriguing characters and go head to head with some of the most feared pirates in ferocious sea battles.
What sets King of Seas apart from other games in the genre is that each time you start a new campaign, the game engine will generate a whole new world for you to explore. Each playthrough is therefore a new and exciting adventure when you set off from shore. The dynamic world will also react to your every action, constantly adapting and throwing new challenges your way. Naval routes will change with each conquered settlement, the difficulty will adapt as you progress through your quests, and changes in weather will play a big part in your navigation and combat strategy.
You will be able to acquire five different classes of ship: the sloop, brig, flute, frigate and galleon. Each ship will offer plenty of customisation options and with over 900 items available to collect and use, you can truly create a battle-ready vessel to be proud. Naval battles are at the core of the King of Seas gameplay. The movement and handling of your ships will change according to wind direction, the ship class and the talent points acquired through levelling the gear equipped. Each battle won will raise the bounty on your head and you can even face off against some of the most feared pirates in history. The difficulty level adds a multiplier to the bounty you achieve in the game. King of Seas features:
- Story: A series of quests guide you on your journey and uncover the intriguing characters of the King of Seas world who will lead you to the next path of your epic adventure.
- Procedural Generation: Dive into a lush, procedurally generated world that constantly refreshes the exploration mechanics within each new game.
- Dynamic World: The world reacts to your every action, naval routes change and with each conquered settlement the difficulty adapts to constantly give you a more challenging time.
- Map: A thick fog will ensure travelling towards objectives is not plain sailing, after all wouldn’t you want to lose the joy of exploration !?
- Navigation system: Atmospheric effects influence gameplay. Sail during a storm at your own risk, escape the enemies and always remember to carefully watch the wind direction to stay in control during battles. The strategy starts here.
- Ship customization: Five types of highly customizable ships through an equipment and skill system, just as in any true role-playing game!
- Combat system: Not only cannon shots and nautical strategy but also speed and spectacle, thanks to a set of more than 20 skills to choose from and three branches of talents to suit any playstyle.
Written by: @ChrisJInglis