Kapia is an in-development point-and-click adventure game for PC and consoles by husband and wife dev team 2 For 2 based in Herceg Novi, Montenegro. Set for release in Q1 2021, Kapia is a story-driven game in a classical style of 3D quests from the mid-2000s. Following the collapse of the World Union, the war has struck that divided the planet into coalitions representing “The West” and “The East”. To avoid a mysterious intelligent infection, people are living under lockdown in the protective domes.
Kapia follows the story of a retired pilot and a strong-willed grandfather Stefan, who takes on the responsibility of ending the conflict. Little does he know, his most powerful ally will be his small granddaughter, Reny. Players will solve the mystery of dome survivors, dive into the unique universe of Kapia to help Stefan and Reny end the ongoing war. Play both characters in different locations, speak to the peculiar dome inhabitants, join the investigation, discover clues and testimonies to uncover the origin of the violent tragedy that divided the world.
The husband and wife dev team 2 For 2, like me, are huge fans of the golden age of point-and-click adventure titles such as Full Throttle, Grim Fandango, The Longest Journey, Still Life and Syberia. I’ve reviewed a number of p&c games recently and it’s still one of my favourite game genres, so I’m eagerly keeping an eye on the development of Kapia as more information gets released. I’m also pleased to see the inclusion of puzzles and mini-games and voiced dialogue.
Key features of Kapia include:
- Point-and click – A traditional p&c game with an easily accessible drop-down inventory.
- Play both characters – Discover the story from different perspectives as you play as both Stefan and Reny.
- Unique 3D design – Enjoy a carefully hand-crafted environment that suits the unusual combination of medieval architecture and futuristic gadgets.
- Puzzles and mini-games – Puzzles are tied up with objects but there are also conversational puzzles and a whole bunch of logical mini-games.
- Voiced dialogue – Voice talents selected from all over the world who brought part of their own experience, making the world of Kapia truly multinational.
- Comical adventure – The game is both serious and comical, making it seriously comical!
Written by: @ChrisJInglis