I’ve been playing Fortnite for a long time – when I saw LeBron had joined the Icon Series, it made me want to join the Fortnite family too. It’s really amazing to be able to connect with so many people around the worldNaomi Osaka
Today, Fortnite is announcing an exciting collaboration with global tennis champion, activist, fashion designer, entrepreneur and keen gamer – a true original spirit, Naomi Osaka.
Naomi is joining the likes of LeBron James in the Fortnite Icon Series – meaning players will be able to get the Naomi Outfits for their in-game character to ‘wear’ and express themselves. This represents the trend of more and more A-List talent connecting with their fans through metaverse-like digital experiences
- THE NAOMI OSAKA OUTFITS: Naomi brings the spirit of individuality to Fortnite. Players and fans can choose from two Naomi Outfits for their in-game character – the Naomi Osaka Outfit and the Dark Priestess Naomi Outfit
- The Outfits and accessories become available for purchase in the item shop Friday, March 4, 2022, at 11 AM AEDT.
- Fun fact: Naomi’s sister Mari helped design the in-game Naomi Outfits, which are inspired by her heritage. Naomi was really able to express her multifaceted self through these Outfits
- THE TOURNAMENT: Compete in the Naomi Osaka Cup happening March 2. The top-performing players in each region will unlock both Outfits and both Pickaxes/Back Blings from the Naomi Osaka Set, as well as a Spray
- WATCH NAOMI OSAKA LIVE: Naomi will be buddying up with Fortnite streamer berleezy on berleezy’s Twitch channel starting Wednesday, March 2, at 11 AM AEDT, for a casual stream where viewers can get an early sneak peek of the Naomi Outfits in action
- NAOMI MURAL IN LOS ANGELES: To celebrate Naomi coming into Fortnite, a mural showcasing her in-game Outfits will go up in West Hollywood, Los Angeles, today
Naomi Osaka said: “I’ve been playing Fortnite for a long time – when I saw LeBron had joined the Icon Series, it made me want to join the Fortnite family too. It’s really amazing to be able to connect with so many people around the world”
Nate Nanzer, Global VP of Partnerships, Epic Games said: “The ‘Icon Series’ is the ultimate celebration of the most dynamic figures in culture for Fortnite’s audience of millions, and there’s no-one more perfect than Naomi Osaka to join the Series as the first female athlete. Just as Fortnite is more than a game, Naomi is so much more than an athlete”