THE infamous Psycho Krieg is back to cause more mayhem. But unfortunately, he’s not a playable character this time around. He is however a core part of the story for the fourth Borderlands 3 DLC. Teased last week on 2K’s social media, the new DLC has been officially announced for launch on September 10. Just from its title, Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck, you know it’s going to be packed full of craziness. For those who want more of an idea of just how chaotic the mind of Psycho Krieg can be, check out the trailer below. You’ll also notice a familiar face towards the end.
Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck focuses on the conspiracy of how psychos became the way they are. It’s believed to have something to do with a mythical location called “Vaulthalla.” Well, that’s what Patricia Tannis believes anyway. It’s said that the knowledge of Vaulthalla is what’s originally driven the psychos insane. For research purposes, Tannis needs to find out how to get there. But this research expedition won’t be so easy. Unlocking it requires you to dive into the head of a psycho, Krieg to be specific. As vault hunters, you’ll journey into the twisted mind of Krieg to discover the location of Vaulthalla.
As you explore Krieg’s twisted and tortured mind, Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck allows you to:
- Journey through the many demented vistas of Krieg’s psyche, where anything is possible and likely very violent;
- Experience the world as Krieg sees it, including his perception of fan-favorite characters like Maya – the light of his twisted life;
- Overcome a vast array of life-threatening manifestations that Krieg’s mind conjures up;
- Expand Krieg’s mind and Tannis’ research in surreal side missions and Crew Challenges;
- Score powerful Legendary weapons and gear that will still work outside of Krieg’s consciousness, according to Tannis;
- Acquire brain-busting cosmetic items, including Vault Hunter Heads and Skins.
The launch of the new DLC will also introduce both the latest and last planned level cap for Borderlands 3. This will bring the level cap up to 65 for all players, not just DLC/Season Pass owners.
Psycho Krieg and the Fantastic Fustercluck will be available for all Borderlands 3 Season Pass owners on September 10 and can also be purchased separately.