AFTER hearing that a huge announcement was going to be made during the first ever Final Fantasy XIV Announcement Showcase, you could predict that it would be for the next expansion. Fans worldwide tuned in earlier today greeted with the first ever trailer for Final Fantasy XIV Online’s fourth expansion, Endwalker. Set to launch later this year, Endwalker will be a bittersweet journey bringing a close to the story arc that began in the first expansion, A Realm Reborn. It will also send the Warrior Of Light where he’s never been before: the moon. Never before seen in Final Fantasy XIV Online, the Warrior of Light goes spacebound to uncover the secrets of Hydaelyn and Zodiark. However this isn’t the end of the road as one door closes, many more open for new adventures.
During the 2-hour live stream, producer and director Naoki Yoshida went into detail of what’s in store for the next next expansion. Final Fantasy XIV Online: Endwalker introduces a plethora of new content and features, including a new level cap to 90, new areas to explore and multiple new jobs. But like many early announcements, only few details are given in regards to instances and the like. So far we know the new high-end raid will be called Pandæmonium. There will also be new threats and familiar but re-imagined faces, including Anima from Final Fantasy X. This also applies to new jobs as only one so far has been revealed. Sage is the first new healer class to be introduced to Final Fantasy XIV Online since its first expansion, Heavensward. Specifics of what’s to come can be found below.
- Journey to Thavnair, the imperial capital of Garlemald, and even the Moon!
- New Jobs: Sage and more
- Level Cap Increase from 80 to 90
- Expansive new areas, including Garlemald, Thavnair, and the city of Radz-at-Han.
- A New Beast Tribe: the Arkasodara
- New threats, including Anima.
- New Dungeons
- New High-Difficulty Raid: Pandæmonium
- Secrets Revealed in a New Alliance Raid Series
- New Small-scale PvP Content
- An Additional “Trust” System ally: Estinien Wyrmblood
- A New Residential District: Ishgard
- Updates to the Gold Saucer
- Relaxing Fun in Island Sanctuary
- New Gear and Crating Recipes
- Expanded Horizons via the Data Center Travel System