CHAOS in the kitchen isn’t going to stop anytime soon with Overcooked! and Overcooked! 2 getting revamped for Xbox Series X and Playstation 5. This built from-the-ground-up remaster titled Overcooked! All You Can Eat merges content from both games as well as delivering new content in stunning 60fps 4K resolution. This will also mean levels from the first Overcooked! can be played online.
Gemma Langford, Writer and Studio Manager, Ghost Town Games, said “Phil, Oli and I are thrilled to be working with Team17 once more to bring next-gen platform players fresh versions of Overcooked! and Overcooked! 2. We’ve been overwhelmed by the support and love shown for the series and can’t wait to bring the chaos to new and experienced players alike.”
Max Everingham, Head of Publishing, Team17, said “Overcooked! continues to be an incredibly important series, one that millions of gamers have taken to their heart over the last few years – it’s a modern classic! For Overcooked! All You Can Eat, we wanted to make sure to deliver the definitive Overcooked! experience that brings every Overcooked! level online and looks and plays better than ever, so we hope so we hope players are ready to get back into the kitchen when the game launches later in the year.”
Key features for Overcooked! All You Can Eat include:
- Remote cooking: Cross-platform, online multiplayer means sous chefs can jump in regardless of the platform they’re playing on
- Every mouthful: Includes every piece of Overcooked! and Overcooked! 2 content, remastered and available in 60 frames per second in 4K resolution
- Exclusive new kitchens & cooks: New levels, new chefs, and additional skins for every single chef – all exclusive to Overcooked! All You Can Eat
- Trophies/Achievements: Brand new trophy and achievement sets for players to unlock
- Cooking for all: Accessibility options and a new assist mode open the game to more players than ever before.
A release date is yet to be confirmed but is planned for release later this year.