FOLLOWING yesterdays jaw dropping NBA 2K21 next-gen reveal which had many fans drooling over the games stunning visual improvements, 2K and Visual Concepts have announced even more details. Today they’ve focused on changes to gameplay, mainly revolving around dribbling, shooting and passing. In the latest Courtside Report which can be found here, a plethora of information and video clips from the next-gen version have been revealed.
A new update for the current gen version of NBA 2K21 has also launched just recently which not only includes fixes but also adds a touch a spook to the court. In celebration of Halloween, the Neighbourhood has been showered in Halloween-themed decorations. Full details about the new update can be found below.
- Halloween has come to 2K Beach! Beachgoers will now find Halloween themed decorations throughout the Neighbourhood.
- Player likenesses have been improved for more than 60 NBA and WNBA players.
- Welcome to the NBA Finals! Heat vs. Lakers is now the default Quick Play matchup.
- Preparations for new 2K Beach Events coming later in October and November. Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks!
- Adjustments to make set screen movement more realistic.
- Fixed content holes that led to inconsistent side step pull-up jump shots.
- Changes to Shot Aiming system to prevent modded controller abuse.
- Park dribble moves (still performed with L3) now require Hall of Fame Tight Handles badge to use. Also disabled park dribble moves when calling for screens to prevent conflict with switch screen side function.
- Fixed some issues where MyPLAYER doesn’t win over new fans after certain in-game achievements.
- Fixed a hang that could have happened when exiting MyCOURT after playing a 2v2 or 3v3 game in MyCOURT.
- Preparations for the first $250K MyTEAM Unlimited Tournament GameDay!
- Preparations for the second Season of MyTEAM!
- General improvements to The Exchange.
- Added warning when skipping silver or gold Badge Upgrades for Hall of Fame Badges.
- Addressed an issue when player cards appeared on Ball Drop boards
MyLEAGUE / MyGM
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect logo may appear from downloading other user’s save via the new Save Sharing feature.
- Fixed a hang that was occurring in Play WNBA or NBA Today after being in WNBA Season mode.
Many more fixes included to improve the overall experience of NBA 2K21 across all game modes.
NBA 2K21 will be available on Xbox Series X|S from November 10 and on Playstation 5 from November 12.