FEBRUARY 4 marks the 30th birthday of the Japanese puzzle game, Puyo Puyo. 2-4 is also read as “Pu-Yo” in Japanese. To celebrate the 30th anniversary of Puyo Puyo, a 2nd free update has been made available for Puyo Puyo Tetris 2. Available on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Playstation 4, Playstation 5 and Nintendo Switch, the free update includes:
- Four new playable characters — Serilly, a timid mermaid, she has highly effective buff and debuff skills in her arsenal; Rafisol, a mysterious being from an unknown world hiding a hideous power with the ability to, among others, change the shape of the Tetrimino in your possession; Possessed Klug, an evil crimson spirit that has taken over Klug’s body, with a powerful skill that can set up a powerful T-Spin attack; and Yu & Rei, ghostly twins with a chilling degree of pun and trivia knowledge who have a skill that removes up to 32 pieces of incoming Garbage Puyos
- Six Challenge modes brought online – Formerly single-player offline modes, all of the six Challenge modes can now be played with up to four competitors online and offline
- Colour Vision Accessibility Features
- Background music — Enjoy 3 new tracks from previous Puyo Puyo titles, including Puyo Puyo Chronicle
- New avatars — 20 fresh faces in the lineup, giving players even more options to customise their profiles.