THE Sony PlayStation 5 will launch on November 12 in Australia in two versions, one with a disc drive and one without.
The disc drive version will retail for AUD$749.95 and the digital version will be AUD$599.95.
The release date was announced in a PlayStation 5 showcase (the closing sizzle is embedded at the top of this article) detailing several games coming to the next-generation platform, including some gameplay reveals for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales and Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, as well as the announcement of God of War: Ragnarok, due for release next year.
The price and launch date announcement ends months of speculation on the matter, which had only intensified following Microsoft’s late-night reveal of the prices for its Xbox Series X consoles last week.
Sony’s Australian Twitter handle tweeted the local pricing shortly after the showcase ended, and the official announcement on the PlayStation 5 Blog (which you can read here: https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/playstation-5-launches-in-november-starting-at-399-for-ps5-digital-edition-and-499-for-ps5-with-ultra-hd-blu-ray-disc-drive/) confirmed the PS5 launch titles will be:
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games/Japan Studio)
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games/XDEV)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital/XDEV)