Pete Curulli sat down for a 1v1 with Rob Davis, Principal Designer and Lead Level Designer at Santa Monica Studios, ahead of arguably Playstation’s biggest release of the year – God of War!
In this special 20 minute Game On AUS Podcast, Rob opens up about God of War:
- How Rob ended up working on such an incredible series
- What its like joining an already established and successful series
- The rather casual chat that led to a new God of War
- The history behind Kratos’ new axe
- The reason for moving away from Greek mythology to Norse
- How the development team’s own personal lives found their way into the new story
- The inspiration for Kratos’ new beard
- Where the development team drew inspiration from for Kratos’ relationship with his son, Atreus
- How SMS balanced the game for both new players and existing players of the series alike
- What’s in store for the game past end-game content
- Why you might find the developers in your twitch stream chat
You can hear the interview below:
Big thanks to Playstation Australia and Santa Monica Studios for giving us access as we work hard to become Australia’s home for unique gaming content!
Make sure you head to and follow twitch.tv/gameonaus – we’ll be playing through God of War upon release!