So… bloody hell… it turns out the Queen herself is apparently a fan of gaming.
If the (usually) accurate UberFacts twitter account is anything to go by.
Queen Elizabeth II was a big fan of the Nintendo Wii.
After Kate Middleton gave one to Prince William for Christmas in 2008, she watched him play and wanted to join in.
— UberFacts (@UberFacts) March 26, 2019
The question out of all this is that, way back in 2008, what was the game that tempted Liz to get on the Wii remote?
We did a little bit of Googling and these were the must have games leading into that year’s Christmas.
Chances are, Lizzie was hammering out one of these.
- SimCity Creator
- Wario Land: Shake It!
- LEGO Batman: The Videogame
- NBA Live 09 All-Play
- Dokapon Kingdom
- Cooking Mama: World Kitchen
- Spider-Man: Web of Shadows
- Guitar Hero World Tour
- FIFA Soccer 09 All-Play
- Call of Duty: World at War
- Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars — Lightsaber Duels
- Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
- Animal Crossing: City Folk
- Shaun White Snowboarding: Road Trip
- Castlevania Judgment
- Rock Band 2
- Sonic Unleashed
- Rygar: The Battle of Argus
Our money’s on Cooking Mama: World Kitchen… seeing she’s probably never cooked a meal in her life, she’s probably wondering what all the fuss is about?
Although, the thought of Her Majesty banging out some Lightsaber Duels certainly does create a visual.
Written by: @dantheinternut