2K and Firaxis Games have announced that XCOM® 2: War of the Chosen – Tactical Legacy Pack, is available now on PC. As a gift to the fans, the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen – Tactical Legacy Pack is available for free to all PC owners of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen until December 3.
The XCOM 2: War of the Chosen – Tactical Legacy Pack tells the story of what happened between the events of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2, and includes new game modes, maps, weapons, armour, and Photobooth options that honour the legacy of the XCOM series.
Check out the trailer below!
NEW GAMEPLAY MODES:
– Legacy Ops – Command a squad of soldiers through a series of linked consecutive tactical missions:
Central’s Archives – Central Officer Bradford, and other key members of XCOM, recount the pivotal operations that led to the rise of the resistance between the events of XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2:
- Blast from the Past – After the fall of XCOM HQ, Central Officer Bradford begins his journey to build the resistance by returning to where it all began.
- It Came from the Sea – The broadcast of a fledgling radio DJ is reaching an audience he didn’t intend. It’s up to Central to save the DJ from an endless horde of hungry listeners.
- Avenger Assemble – Join Lily Shen as she works to retrofit the Avenger into a new home for the growing forces of a reinvigorated XCOM.
- The Lazarus Project – ADVENT is kidnapping key members of the resistance, and it’s up to Central to rescue some of XCOM’s most renowned operatives.
Resistance Archives – Engage enemy forces in series of tactical missions increasing in difficulty.
– Skirmish Mode – Create and play your own custom XCOM tactical missions using the included editor that allows you to modify various settings (map, squad loadouts, objective, enemies, and more.)
- NEW MAPS: Engage in battle across 28 new maps including remastered maps and scenes from XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM: Enemy Within. These new maps will be featured in Central’s Archives.
- NEW WEAPONS AND ARMOR: Equip your soldiers with reimagined versions of the conventional, laser, and plasma weapons, as well as Kevlar, Carapace, and Titan armour from XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Complete Central’s Archivesto unlock these new additions for use in the main single player campaign.
- NEW CUSTOMIZATION AND PHOTOBOOTH OPTIONS: Customize your soldiers with new attitudes and helmets. Create new images in the Photobooth with additional backgrounds, colours, and character poses.
- NEW SOUNDTRACK OPTIONS: With the new Soundtrack Selector you can choose to play the XCOM 2: War of the Chosen campaign with the existing score, the score from XCOM: Enemy Unknown, or an all-new soundtrack inspired by the music from the original X-COM: UFO Defense.
- OFFLINE CHALLENGE MODE: Play through all 100+ War of the Chosen challenges as often as you want.
Feast on these screenshots!
The XCOM 2: War of the Chosen – Tactical Legacy Pack will be available for free to all current owners of XCOM 2: War of the Chosen and those who purchase XCOM 2: War of the Chosen until December 3.
The XCOM 2: War of the Chosen – Tactical Legacy Pack is now available now for Windows PC, and coming soon to macOS, and Linux.